We are seeking talented individuals to work in the growing, fast-paced environment of the composites industry.
Quality Assurance Engineer
Develop and operate quality control systems; apply and analyze testing and inspection procedures; use metrology and statistical methods to diagnose and correct improper quality control practices; develop and administer management information systems; and audit quality systems for deficiency identification and correction.
Develop, implement and maintain a Quality Management System in accordance with AS9100, as any other customer-imposed quality system requirements.
- Maintain all quality specification documentation within the quality system, including the creation and maintenance of specifications, work instructions, procedures and other documentation.
- Assist in the development and on-going review of the Quality Management System.
- Actively participate in corrective action teams and with quality technicians in root cause analysis on product quality issues.
- Maintain the Quality Auditing System as directed by the audit schedule, quality issues and perform internal audits in accordance with the procedures prescribed in the quality system.
- Maintain an accurate inventory of inspection and test equipment and ensure conformance and calibration with internal procedures.
- Measure and analyze product inspection/test and prepare reports for management review.
- Assist the Quality Manager in the development, implementation, and documentation of Quality Program Plans.
- Interact with Customer and Supplier Quality representatives.
- Provide technical and administrative support as needed.
- Provide quality assurance-related training to Quality Inspectors, and other production personnel as needed.
- Participate in and support the Quality Improvement Team, and any other quality improvement activities.
Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of specific engineering projects ensuring consistency with company strategy, commitments, and goals. Accurately forecast the cost, size and duration associated with developing and producing products that utilize advanced composite materials. Develop the cost information that management needs to make a bid for a specific contract.
- Ability to interface with customers and various internal departments.
- Apply knowledge of estimating and pricing processes to develop estimates from engineering models and drawings, material and process specifications, engineering work statements, along with other supporting technical documents.
- Evaluate RFP data packages for critical customer requirements, technical information, material selection, subassembly elements, requisite tooling and testing needs.
- Support the RFQ/RFP and proposal writing process.
- Maintains good communication within the engineering team and with other groups involved in the project.
- Facilitate weekly meetings concerning engineering projects.
- Monitor project risks and mitigate.
- Conduct final project evaluations and assessments of results.
- Implement and manage any project changes necessary.
- Constantly monitor and report on progress of project (present reports to management detailing progress, problems, solutions, etc.)
- Provide direction and support to project team.
- Track project milestones.
- Plan and schedule project timelines.
- Manage project resource allocation.
- Manage project budget.
- Develop project plans.
- Define project tasks and resource requirements.
- Facilitate the definition of project scope and goals.
- Lead the planning and implementation of projects.
- Researches pricing information on needed items from suppliers.
- Construct accurate cost models utilizing Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Project software.
- Implement and follow elements of AS9100 quality system.
- Contributes to the creation of requisite reports to convey results of design analysis and/or material testing.
Directs and coordinates activities of production department(s) in processing materials or manufacturing products by performing the following duties personally or through subordinate supervisors. Achieves tasks by using the 5 management functions:
- Planning: deciding what needs to happen in the future (today, next week, next month, next year, over the next five years, etc.) and generating plans for action.
- Organizing: making optimum use of the resources required to enable the successful carrying out of plans.
- Leading/Motivating: exhibiting skills in these areas for getting others to play an effective part in achieving plans.
- Coordinating: making different people or things work together for a goal or effect
- Controlling: monitoring — checking progress against plans, which may need modification based on feedback.
- Promotes and enforces safety according to OSHA.
- Reviews sales orders and create production schedules to meet delivery dates.
- Directs and coordinates production control, production, processing, shipping and receiving.
- Develops budgets and approves expenditures for supplies, materials, and human resources, ensuring that materials, labor and equipment are used efficiently to meet production targets.
- Reviews processing schedules and production orders to make decisions concerning inventory requirements, staffing requirements, work procedures, and duty assignments, considering budgetary limitations and time constraints.
- Reviews operations and confer with technical or administrative staff to resolve production or processing problems.
- Hires, trains, evaluate, and discharges staff, and resolve personnel grievances.
- Develops policies with HR such as attendance & dress code.
- Determines shifts and work hours for production.
- Carries out performance reviews and approves pay changes.
- Initiates and coordinates inventory and cost control programs.
- Prepares and maintains production reports and personnel records.
- Monitors production to ensure finished products are of prescribed quality.
- Develops and implements production tracking and quality control systems, analyzing production, quality control, maintenance, and other operational reports, to detect production problems.
- Purchases equipment and tools.
- Prepares time studies.
- Reviews plans and confers with research and support staff to develop new products and processes.
- Provide immediate supervision to a unit or group of associates, with a portion of time spent performing individual tasks relates to the unit.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the company guidelines, procedures policies, and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring and training associates; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining associates, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Ensures premises are kept in a clean orderly manner.
Implements LEAN and Six Sigma methodology