We are seeking talented individuals to work in the growing, fast-paced environment of the composites industry providing composite fabricating services.
Provides broad engineering support to both established and new programs, acquisition of new business and production operations.
- Serves as an integral member of the Engineering team in support of current development and production activities.
- Supports successful transition of assigned programs from the development stage to the production stage. Contributes as a member of the Integrated Product Team (IPT) in support of new hardware and tooling designs. Identify and mitigate producibility issues to insure creation of producible designs.
- Assist in the creation of new 2D drawings and 3D models in support of new designs for hardware and tooling.
- Create process, validation and test plans in support of new design implementation.
- Assist in material testing and characterization tasks, as required, to insure accuracy of test results and applicability of generated test data. May also be required to correlate material test data to predicted test values.
- Support production teams in identifying and implementing process improvements that increase yield, improve quality and enhance product and personnel safety.
- Develops and updates process procedures to ensure that documentation is accurate and understandable.
- Monitor process equipment operation and identify potential deficiencies/errors. Develop solutions to eliminate occurrence of equipment errors.
- Assist in implementation of configuration management protocols to engineering documents.
- Implement and follow elements of AS9100 quality system.
- Contributes to the creation of requisite reports to convey results of design analysis and/or material testing.
- Generate purchase requisitions (as required) for production and production support material purchases.
- Assist in maintaining the Engineering materials and the Engineering vendor databases.
- Interfaces with all levels of management and employees to gather information and provide guidance for identification and implementation of new processes.
- Supports acquisition of new business through preparation of selected elements of bid and proposal packages.