We are seeking talented individuals to work in the growing, fast-paced environment of the composites industry providing composite fabricating services.
Apply measurement science and mathematics to develop, document,
apply, and maintain inspection systems, procedures, and associated measurement and test
equipment (M&TE) based on analysis of measurement challenges, techniques, and
accuracy/precision requirements. Develop and perform complex dimensional inspections,
evaluating new inspection methods and procedures, using statistical approaches to analyze
measurement results and processes.
- Develop and perform complex dimensional inspections using the Faro Portable CMM,
including application of digital datasets, development and performance of inspection
routines, and documentation/reporting of results.
Develop inspection procedures and methods, according to detailed specifications,
blueprints, drawings, and other technical requirements.
Collect, compile, measure, summarize, and report data gathered during inspections.
Field questions regarding metrology, specifications, tolerances of standards and
measuring equipment, and other related activities.
Train subordinates in inspection concepts and procedures.
Ensure Measurement and Test Equipment (M&TE) is calibrated per schedule,
maintaining the calibration database.
Schedule and coordinate external calibrations and onsite calibrations of M&TE with third
May assist in training others on inspection procedures/techniques and quality guidelines.
May have some team leader responsibilities.
Performs other related duties and responsibilities as may be assigned.
Specialized Skills and Responsibilities
Highly skilled in the use of the Faro Portable CMM, including application of digital
datasets, development and performance of inspection routines, and
documentation/reporting of results.
Experienced in the use of other CMM systems (i.e.: Hexagon Metrology, Zeiss, Brown &
Experienced in the use and application of commercial inspection packages (i.e.: CAM2,
Polyworks, PCDMIS, PW Airfoil).
Strong understanding of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing principles
Supervises the activities of production personnel engaged in all facets of the manufacturing function.
- Promotes and enforces safety according to OSHA.
- Reviews and prioritizes weekly production schedules based on product introduction, efficiency, materials supply and personnel resources; assigns associates to maximized production objectives and maintain quality.
- Informs assigned associates of production and/or material problems and coordinates with support groups to resolve operational problems affecting schedules.
- Participates in establishing and modifying operations by recommending methods, materials, equipments and manpower.
- Develops schedules and personnel requirements for assigned areas; maintains a variety of reports, records and production documentation to support schedules and performance.
- Schedules production equipment such as ovens, autoclaves, presses, and work stations.
- Commits to quality objectives and certifications.
- Alerts facilities and management of machine breakdown.
- Alerts tooling and management of mold & jig breakdowns.
- Alerts purchasing and management of material shortage.
- Commits to continual improvement by using LEAN and Six Sigma methodology.
- Promotes Matrix Composites’ culture, effective communication, dress code, teamwork and conduct.
- Enforces attendance policy.
- Assists Engineering with procedures and work orders.
- Makes technical information available to ensure General Manufacturing Processes (GMPs).
- Maintains proper usage of materials with shelf life dates (FIFO).
- Orders and maintains proper level of shop supplies using KANBAN.
- Assigns overtime within budget in order to meet productions schedules.
- Enforces all company policies and procedures.
- Enforces documentation adherence and maintains associates traceability on company documents using 3 letter initials.
- Ensures that training records are submitted.
- Promotes working to manufacturing time targets.
- Meet with area leads to discuss production, safety and Lean goals on a regular basis.
- Meet with Production Manager to discuss and report on production, safety and Lean goals on a regular basis.