Matrix is growing and frequently looking for people who want to make a difference…talented individuals with the skills and passions to become leaders of the future!
Available positions are listed below:
Quality Assurance Engineer: The successful Quality Assurance Engineer will provide quality assurance input and oversight to both new product development and sustaining production. This role requires a mix of working with 1) compliance to current procedures; 2) data analysis of current processes; 3) critical thinking/writing skills for development and documenting improved processes and 4) auditing to the requirements of the company Quality Manual and customer requirements to ensure full and cost effective compliance. The Quality Assurance Engineer reports directly to the Quality Assurance Manager and works independently with responsibilities involving higher level decision making.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions, where applicable:
- Represent Quality Assurance during new product development, including planning and design reviews to ensure the intended process will yield hardware compliant to all applicable requirements; including all inputs (raw material requirements, tooling requirements, etc) and outputs (raw data and statistical analysis of data).
- Lead the creation and approval of a program Quality Program Plan that extracts customer (e.g. the voice of the customer) and company requirements and defines a cost effective plan to ensure compliance; including all relevant data collection and analysis schemes to track and respond to any unacceptable product, tooling or process capability metrics.
- Oversee the proper use of quality measurement tools and systems to ensure full drawing and specification compliance.
- Assist in selecting and acquiring equipment/tooling as required.
- Perform internal audits as a lead auditor as assigned.
- Evaluate and recommend QA sampling plans for vendors and internal programs based on desired confidence limits, process capabilities, and manufacturing/inspection methods and equipment.
- Provide technical guidance and training to other team members in statistical analysis techniques, data analysis, sampling techniques and other traditional QA Engineering areas of expertise.
- Actively participate in the company’s Lean Enterprise program.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
- Establish and flow down key performance indicators (KPIs) to each program team and identify both the method and frequency of data collection and reporting to program teams and to management.
- Where prudent (related to quality), lead FMEA, RCCA, Kaizen events, etc. related to continual improvement.
Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and Success Metrics:
- OTD – Ensure Quality Department support to all programs to meet overall and continuous KPI of ≥ 98% on time delivery.
- Process Capability – All processes, tooling should have active and continual
- improvement programs targeted at Ppk or Cpk ≥ 1.33.
- COQ – The total cost of scrap and rework on each assigned program should be tracked and actively managed to drive to a goal of $0 Cost of Poor Quality.
- Escapes – Ensure adequate and prudent measures are defined and maintained such that the goal of zero escapes is realized.
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions, where applicable:
- BS degree in scientific or quality discipline.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience in a manufacturing environment.
- ASQ certifications received or in process of being received.
- Proficient in use of general shop tools, inspection tools, and test equipment; sound mathematical and technical skills.
- Must possess a demonstrated application as well as a high degree of fluency and understanding in the use of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T).
- Ability to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing; good interpersonal skills and organizational skills; ability to be highly organized, detail oriented and able to respond to change quickly. Strong presentation skills.